Assistant Professor in Responsible AI at the Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam. My work is at the intersection between Natural Language Processing, AI and Cognitive Science.
Before, I was a Postdoc within the DREAM (Distributed dynamic REpresentations for diAlogue Management) ERC project and member of the Dialogue Modelling Group led by Raquel Fernández.
In 2018, I obtained a PhD in Cognitive and Brain Sciences, track Language, Interaction and Computation, at CIMeC, University of Trento, under the supervision of Raffaella Bernardi. During my PhD, I focused on the learning of quantity expressions from their use in multimodal contexts (see QUANTIT-CLIC). I was intern at SAP AI Research.
In 2021, I'm Program co-Chair of EurNLP, co-Organizer of LANTERN at EACL and co-Editor of a Frontiers Special Issue on Language and Vision.
I'm an enthusiastic. "Let's try!" is my personal motto.
- September 2021: Our paper Word Representation Learning in Multimodal Pre-Trained Transformers: An Intrinsic Evaluation has been accepted for publication in TACL!
- September 2021: I've been appointed Assistant Professor in Responsible AI (tenure track) at the University of Amsterdam. Look forward to starting this new journey!
- August 2021: I'll be teaching the NLP1 course (together with Wilker Aziz) at the MSc AI in November!
- June 2021: The paper Linguistic issues behind Visual Question Answering by me and Raffaella Bernardi has been published open access in Language and Linguistic Compass!
- June 2021: The paper Probing Cross-Modal Representations in Multi-Step Relational Reasoning has been accepted at the RepL4NLP workshop co-located with ACL 2021!
- March 2021: I'll be teaching the Higher Cognitive Functions course at the Master's Brain and Cognitive Science in September!
- March 2021: The paper EaSe: A Diagnostic Tool for VQA based on Answer Diversity in collaboration with TU Kaiserslautern, DFKI and SAP AI has been accepted at NAACL-HLT 2021!
- January 2021: The RPA Human(e) AI project Exploring Adaptation of Conversational Systems to Different Age Groups has officially started!
- January 2021: Proud to be one of the co-Editors of a Special Issue on Language and Vision by Frontiers!
- October 2020: The paper Grounded and Ungrounded Referring Expressions in Human Dialogues... in collaboration with University of Trento has been accepted at CLiC-it 2020!